Tuesday

"Many claim to have unfailing love,
but a faithful person who can find?"


Unfailing love without faithfulness? Impossible. It seems to me that one cannot even approach the footstool of love without a faithful nature. Faithful in routine, with fleshly ways beaten into submission - disciplined.

Days where my flesh leads and waking meditations are avoided, my mind stumbles as if it were wading through a swamp of fruitless thought. Bogged down.

Faithful routine creates in my mind a warm fluid stream that is a spring to my soul - effortless wading, buoyant, and revitalizing.

As I asked for love to be the one true thing that I be so humbly allowed to experience in life, so may I request strength to be diligent in the things that allow me to be in it's presence. Allow for me the strength to be faithful.


5/2/17, 10:26 AM
Pacific Daylight Time

0 comments: