Friday

Over and over again God has to teach us how to stand and endure, watching actively and wondering. It is always a wonder when God answers prayer. We hear people say, “We must not say it is wonderful that God answers prayer”; but it is wonderful. It is so wonderful that a great many people believe it impossible.


Oswald Chambers

Like approaching the sun with my eyes open,
afraid of the damaging effects long told.
The science behind the glare,
the definitely "do not stare!"
In all of this,
aside from the voices that surround me,
the coaches,
the mentors,
the parents,
my peers,
there is a strange peace that resides in my soul,
a still small voice of comfort.
Guiding me forward,
whispered assurances of safety,
heavenly calm.

open up then eyes,
to the sky above,
though my peers scowl,
look to the sky,
take in the sun,
for it is but one of the few things promised,
unrealized by man.

5/5/17, 10:32 AM
Pacific Daylight Time

0 comments: